Job Title: Peer Support Specialist
Position Supervisor: Program Director, Clinical Director
Pay Grade: Full-time, hourly (non-exempt); Benefits included with Full-Time employment.
Job Summary: Assist the Program Director in implementing the Peer Support Program. The Peer Support Specialist will utilize their personal experience to assist others in their own recovery journey. The employee will demonstrate appropriate skills and behaviors, advocate for clients, and be a team player so that each client has access to the appropriate services needed. As a Peer Support Specialist, you will apply your personal awareness as a participant in the recovery process to connect, assist, and encourage people in their own recovery journey.
- Attend all scheduled shifts. Make arrangements when unable to work as scheduled.
- Supervise clients, encourage compliance with facility rules. 50% of work time should be spent in client interaction.
- Documentation for case load, including progress reports, group notes (SOAP format), ROIs, Safety/Wellness Plans, ADLs. Tx plans completed within 30 days of authorization.
- Facilitate and develop groups under the supervision of the Program Directors or designated staff, including documentation of group. Responsible for 2 to 3 groups a week.
- Assist Program Directors with equipment inventory, maintenance and purchasing, maintaining accountability for expenditure of funds.
- Respond to crisis and make appropriate interventions.
- Participating in outings, provide general support. Transport clients as needed/requested. Ensure clients have signed ROI for transportation.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Assist in identifying and coordinating with necessary/appropriate resources for clients.