This is a five year, grant funded position.
Essential Job Requirements:
Primary Responsibilities: Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1) Provide direct mental health services to include intake assessment, individual/group therapy, and crisis interventions to assigned student.
2) Assists school counselors with coordinating interventions with students, acting as intervention specialist.
3) Maintains regular contact with the parent/guardian of each client.
4) Provide follow-up and assist in implementation of reintegration plans for students who are returning to school from hospitalization and/or facility stays.
5) Furnishes complete and timely required reports and/or documentation to NDHHS, legal system, and other involved agencies, as appropriate.
6) Participates in meetings as necessary (trainings, IEP’s, community forums, etc.)
7) Provides consultation for school staff regarding mental health issues including classroom observation and appropriate service determination as appropriate.
8) Enhances the awareness of mental health needs, services and promotes, community understanding of mental health and enhances community response mental health problems.
9) Provides appropriate in-service training to school staff.
10) Develops support groups for students, as needed.
11) Participates n the collection of mental health information and student outcomes data to be used for monitoring the overall performance and effectiveness of services provided and program development.
12) Is familiar with disciplinary guidelines and student code of conduct in each district that is served.
13) Understands special education regulatory requirements and assists with process as appropriate.
14) Fosters effective communication with students, parents, and other staff members.
15) Complies with all federal and state regulation for privacy and confidentiality to student information.
16) Maintain required data and confidential records.
17) Complete required information or any Medicaid eligibility, funding, or compliance paperwork.
18) Follows and supports ESU policies and procedures.
19) Performs other duties as assigned.