Provides psychiatric rehabilitation services to adults with serious mental illness in an evidence-based program. Shares responsibilities in a generalist role for functions of the program such as Vocational Skill, Social Skills and Activities of Daily Living. Engages, mentors, and works side-by-side with program participants of the program to complete responsibilities and operations. Creates an environment of belonging, with a focus on member strengths, talents and interests. Assists program participants in developing vocational, educational, housing, and social goals and objectives. Interfaces with clinical staff regarding psychosocial and vocational objectives of program participants.
- Co-coordinate, plan and participate in responsibilities to meet program and program participant needs; facilitate tasks and projects through involvement of program participants in meaningful work by maximizing program participants’ skills, strengths, engagement and leadership.
- Establish meaningful relationships with program participants through side-by-side work to complete daily tasks; provide redirection when needed and maintain healthy boundaries. Provide vocational and educational assistance within a continuum of high and low-intensity services to help program participants achieve self-defined success and to remove barriers.
- Provide assistance and guidance to program participants to develop and assess vocational, educational, and other personal goals; help remove barriers to success.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress with respect to relevant treatment goals in an accurate and timely manner. Use electronic and manual systems to document progress reports, case management notes, letters, faxes and phone calls; confirm coding of services rendered is ethically appropriate and results in successful billing. Input, organize and maintain detailed clinical performance data to comply with applicable government or program requirements.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility by supporting agency billing policies and procedures.
- Meet guidelines and program requirements for fidelity and evidence-based programming; ensure professional performance effectively.
- Provide training and support to new program participants, interns, volunteers, and other colleagues as necessary.
- Manage special projects as assigned by Program Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services area from an accredited college or university
or 2 years lived experience.
- Valid Nebraska Driver’s License with a driving record that meets insurability requirements
• Experience with State of Nebraska Medicaid Standards to include fraud, waste, and abuse standards.
• Experience and confidence identifying and implementing evidence-based practices.
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in computer skills, especially using Outlook, Word, Excel and customized databases
• Ability to work in and adapt to the culture of a multi-cultural, community-based organization
• Commitment to maintain confidentiality.
• Understanding of the Agency’s mission and culture and the ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with staff and clients in all circumstances.
• Employment contingent upon successful completion background checks.
• Good inter-personal skills, ability to relate well with persons from a variety socioeconomic and cultural groups.
• Ability to lift supplies up to 25 lbs. to waist height.
• Reliable transportation, valid Nebraska Driver’s License with a clear driving record and proof of insurance. • Carry out other duties as assigned by the Owner.