Helping individuals with mental illness achieve their unique potential and to live, work, learn, and contribute in a community of mutual support
Under the direction and supervision of the Facilities Manager, this position is responsible for performing spontaneous and scheduled cleaning and janitorial tasks for the purpose of maintaining office, program and housing facilities in a clean and orderly manner in compliance with regulatory requirements and established safety practices.
- Dust, polish, and wash furnishings and equipment in all office, program, housing facilities and work areas.
- Clean, sanitize, and restock restroom areas. Collect, remove, and properly dispose of trash.
- Wash interior and exterior windows.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen appliances, refrigerators, and ranges.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies, and heavy objects for cleaning.
- Prepare housing units for move-in, in accordance with the standardized apartment turnover checklist and established timelines.
- Sweep exterior walkways and clean debris from grounds.
- Assist with snow and ice removal from sidewalks.
- Other duties as assigned and needed.
- High School Diploma or GED, or one (1) year janitorial, institutional housekeeping, or related experience, and/or training; or a combination of education and experience.
- Position is Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, with the ability to work a varied schedule which could include 8:30AM – 5:00PM, 7:30AM – 4:00PM, or Noon – 8:30PM.
- Will involve furniture moving, filter changing and light maintenance.
- Must pass a background check.
- A good driving record with a valid Driver’s license is required.