CEDARS is hiring a Basic Center Family Partner to join our Pioneers Center Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click [here] to learn more about our journey.
THE CEDARS PIONEERS CENTER:
- Provides a safe and stable environment for youth to reside following a placement disruption, or for youth experiencing homelessness or who have ran away
- Operates 24/7 for youth ages 12-18
- Offers programming which includes structured groups, recreation, and school support
- Focuses on helping strengthen relationships between youth and their families
- Is designed to be a short-term placement for youth with a goal of stay 3 weeks or less
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Provide case management for youth and families participating in our basic center program
- Develop and maintain enduring relationships with assigned youth and their families
- Complete intakes and in-depth assessments
- Ensure all documentation and tracking of services is completed and up to date per programmatic requirements
- Develop family driven service plans
- Coordinate care and advocate for youth’s needs
- Conduct visits in the family’s home or location of their choice in order to understand their specific needs, family dynamic and culture
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 11:00am-7:00pm.
RATE OF PAY: $15.25/hour
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, human services, or a closely related field
- You have at least 2 years of experience working with children and families and/or experience in case management
- You are familiar with community resources and how to utilize them
- You are a self-starter and a fast learner
- You enjoy case management
- You are adaptable, compassionate and trauma informed
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!