Community Alliance, a pioneer in community mental health care in Nebraska for more than three decades is seeking an ACT Team Member – Psychiatric Rehabilitation Specialist to work within the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Program. This program is a mobile, interdisciplinary, high intensity clinical team which consists of nurses, licensed therapists, psychiatrists, substance abuse specialists, vocational, rehabilitation specialists, and peer support working in an integrated manner rather than as individual practitioners. The team works collaboratively, and in a coordinated manner to deliver the majority of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services needed by the consumer.
- Participation in a comprehensive assessment process, including evaluation of a consumer's past history and current condition, and identification of strengths, needs and goals.
- Utilize motivational conversation strategies and techniques throughout assessment, individualized planning and treatment, and rehabilitation process.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and revise a comprehensive and individualized treatment, rehabilitation and recovery plan for each consumer.
- Assess, identify, and assist consumers in managing symptoms of mental illness and co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse disorders, including clinical and psychological interventions and supports within scope of licensure and expertise as outlined in the individualized, recovery-focused plan of the person served.
- Teach personal, social, daily living, leisure, vocational, educational, and other related community skills.
- Assist in identifying and managing symptoms of mental illness, including medication administration, management and monitoring.
- Participate on an assigned and rotational basis, in after-hours on-call service; respond promptly and effectively to consumer needs and emergency situations within the timeframes and in accordance with program policies and procedures.