Who we are:
The mission of Compass is guiding, building and restoring children and families. Faith is the heartbeat of our mission. We believe that changes are best made in proximity to one another. We seek creative solutions to make a significant impact for children and families. The vision of Compass is to go BEYOND the challenges faced by children and families.
Compass provides services in 23 counties in central and western Nebraska, from Grand Island to Ogallala and Broken Bow to the Kansas border.
Compass has over 30 staff based in Kearney and North Platte. Our services include Foster Care and Family Services (including Intensive Family Preservation). We are the implementing partners for CarePortal in central and western Nebraska.
Compass has been serving children and families in Nebraska since 2007.
Why you should work for us:
We believe that the best thing about us is our employees. Every employee thoroughly represents the core values of our organization. We strive to support and care for our teams so that they can in turn provide quality services for the children and families they serve. Even as Compass grows, we strive to maintain our family-like culture. Compass achieved the highest-level certification of Flourishing for organizational health, by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute.
What you will do:
- Conduct in-home counseling visits and case coordination to clients and families at the frequency and intensity consistent with their higher level of need, with a limited case load size.
- Conduct client-driven, trauma-informed, family assessments across the family’s life domains, including safety assessment/planning, mental health symptoms, and relationships to establish therapeutic goals.
- Manage accurate and timely case documentation by electronic records and submit weekly progress summary in accordance with Compass’s contract requirements.
- Therapist shall be available for consultation by telephone for emergency situations as they arise. Services will include multiple in-person direct contacts and indirect contacts (e.g. emails, text messages) with the family each week.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with personnel from referring/collateral agencies, guiding families in their interaction with such agencies and other community organizations as needed; provide referrals to services and resources on behalf of families.
- Provide a Discharge Summary and recommendations for each family/individual at conclusion of services.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
403b with Compass match up to 3% // Colonial Life Supplemental Insurance // Click Family Health care (or membership fee if declined) // PTO and (7) paid holidays // Ongoing training opportunities