Be Inspired By the Work You Do
If you want to change the world, one patient at a time, we’d love you to consider joining our team.
OneWorld Community Health Centers is a growing Omaha-based organization that employs over 500 people while still retaining a true family feel. Out of 1,400+ Community Health Centers nationwide, OneWorld ranks within the top 2% in terms of clinical outcomes. It takes all of us, with our various talents and positions, to achieve results like this. Our employees are united by a desire to help the community, and it shows.
We are looking for a bilingual Behavioral Health Therapist to provide culturally competent, therapeutic services to a primarily Spanish-speaking, underserved population. The Behavioral Health team at OneWorld uses both Collaborative and Integrated Care models. Utilizing the Integrated Care model, therapists work alongside the medical providers, partnering with them to ensure that our patients receive the best care possible. Therapy is provided either in person via warm hand-offs, or via tele-behavioral health. It includes behavioral, mental, substance abuse, and social work services. The Collaborative Care model is used to treat common mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety, that require systematic follow-up. Therapists provide approximately 30 minute interventions using evidence-based techniques such as Behavioral Activation, Problem-Solving Treatment, Motivational Interviewing, etc. They track patient encounters, progress, treatment recommendations, and clinical outcomes using a registry. They also meet weekly with the psychiatric consultant to discuss patient progress. All treatment recommendations are made to the PCP.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) located on our main campus in South Omaha (30th & L.) The schedule will be normal business hours, Monday-Friday.
Our providers are eligible for student loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps.
OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc. provides a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; 401(k); onsite daycare; free fitness center and more. If you want to apply your unique skillset to a diverse, caring, growing nonprofit that serves 50,000+ patients, please apply.
You can make a difference – in your life and the lives of others.
OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all hiring and employment practices. We are committed to equal treatment for all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, pregnancy and any other basis protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Master's degree in mental health (counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work, etc.) required.
- Licensure, or license eligibility, as a Mental Health Practitioner (PLMHP, LMHP, LIMHP, LCSW, LICSW) in the state of Nebraska required.
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish required. (This therapist must be able to counsel patients in Spanish without the use of an interpreter.)
- Two or more years of related work experience preferred.
- Training and/or experience in trauma-focused treatments using evidence-based interventions preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products required.
- Prior experience with an Electronic Health Record (EHR) program preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and timely documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with culturally diverse patients across the life cycle.