The Mental Health Therapist-Outpatient provides clinical assessment and clinical treatment to all patients presented to the Bryan Counseling Center or our affiliates utilizing appropriate individual treatments inclusive of individual, family and group therapy to address identified patient needs. The Mental Health Therapist-Outpatient must relate to and work well with people of all cultures and ages.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- *Completes the Initial Diagnostic Interview, Mental Status Exam and patient diagnosis upon patient admission; makes recommendations for treatment and referral as appropriate.
- *Develops individualized treatment plans which define plan of services and intervention; updates treatment plans according to regulatory requirements and as appropriate to provide optimum outpatient care.
- *Independently provides individual, group and family therapy as needed to address patient treatment needs in person or by telehealth; provides crisis intervention services as appropriate.
- *Completes documentation and billing in a timely manner in accordance with Medical Center guidelines and all relevant HIPAA, CMS, Joint Commission and other oversight and regulatory requirements.
- *Maintains appropriate size caseload in meeting productivity expectations; provides community-based, developmentally appropriate, and culturally competent care to all patients.
- *Attends outpatient staff meetings for team communication, clinical staffing and other meetings as assigned.
- *Abides by all professional and corporate ethical standards.
- Utilizes Trauma Informed Care Principles.
Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) required. Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP) required. Prior experience working with adult/youth patient populations in an outpatient setting preferred. Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required.