St. Monica's is hiring for full-time and part-time overnight Therapeutic Mentors. These are awake overnight positions. In addition to a $0.50 shift differential for overnight hours, there is a Hiring Bonus being offered ($400 for Full-Time and $200 for Part-Time overnights; half will be paid on first paycheck and half will be paid after 6 months of successful employment).
St. Monica's provides recovery within a home-like environment to help empower women combating a variety of problems intertwined with substance abuse.
To learn more about the agency, and to apply, click on the St. Monica's link.
Job Summary: Interact with clients involved in residential treatment programs. In a non-judgmental manner, monitor, empower, hold accountable and document client behaviors. Supervise day-to-day activities and dispense medications according to set policies and procedures. Must perform all interactions with clients and staff in a trauma informed manner; abide by HIPAA and 42CFR confidentiality requirements in all interactions with businesses, family members, friends of clients, and other agencies and the general public.
- Supervise client day-to-day activities and dispense medications according to set policies and procedures.
- In a non-judgmental manner, monitor, empower, hold accountable and document client behaviors.
- Perform all duties and interactions with clients and staff in a Trauma Informed manner; seek to understand what happened and the meaning of those experiences.
- Abide by HIPAA and 42CFR confidentiality requirements which include but not limited to businesses, family members, friends of clients, and other agencies and the general public including safekeeping of client identified materials.
- Arrive at work on-time for scheduled shifts and shift reports, to participate in change of shift scheduling.
- Assist clients in a positive, professional manner; accountability, demonstrating cooking, cleaning and positive communication. Spends all available time after tasks are completed with the clients in the living areas.
- Follow agency policy and procedures for scheduling time off.
- Remain awake and alert during the hours on duty and perform all required tasks (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts).
- Complete and conduct all shift duties - Filing, documenting, transporting, monitor and accurately record prescribed medications taken by clients, and observe the correct dosage is consumed and all other tasks assigned.
- Ensuring clients are accounted for throughout the shift, making sure doors are locked, ensuring appliances are off and/or unplugged, monitoring temperature in the refrigerator and freezer, identifying and reporting maintenance needs and ensuring all areas of the facility are secured.
- Conduct assigned Urine Analysis and Breathalyzer tests, complete documentation, and report to clinical staff
- Utilizing agency vehicle, provide transportation for clients in a safe manner and appropriate situations including community AA/NA meetings, emergencies, etc. Follow client transporting policy and procedures.
- Accurately record contacts with clients and/or observations made during shift in Credible in a non-judgmental and factual manner.
- Follow all policies and procedures as stated in the Health & Safety Manual
- Conduct all scheduled fire, tornado, and other emergency drills, as assigned in a timely manner.
- Lead groups for clients, such as; homework group, orientation group, exercise group and house meetings as requested by the Residential Manager.
- Respond to crisis situations calmly and effectively. Communicate with staff and follow proper emergency procedures.
- Demonstrate appropriate interaction and boundaries with clients.
- Utilize active listening skills, motivational interviewing and self focus when dealing with clients. Attend to the clients’ needs in an empowering manner.
- Regularly attend and participate in mandatory program meetings - Mentor meetings (attendance at a minimum of 8 meetings per year is required) and All Staff meetings
- All Mentors are expected to review, understand and implement specific rules for the comfort dog to ensure consistent care and treatment
- Follow all agency and program policies and procedures including philosophy, confidentiality, ethics, and safety procedures.
- Maintains First Aid, CPR & Medication Aide certifications and completes all required CARF training.
- Complete all monthly and Annual Relias online e-learning courses on time, in compliance with state and accrediting organizations training requirements.
- Attend at least two training sessions per year on cultural competency.
- Full Time Mentors work at least three holidays per year; Part Time and On-call Mentors work at least two holidays per year
- Performs other duties as assigned by management and works as a team to complete tasks.
Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree Human Services Field OR minimum 2 years coursework in Human Services field OR 2 years of Human Services experience required; Must be at least 21 years old; Valid driver’s license with a good driving record required; First Aide, CPR and Medication Aide certified required or the ability to be certified; Ability to lift 25lbs regularly, climb and descend stairs; Required to complete 15 hours of continuing education annually; Thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment; Strong multi-tasking skills and strong team member; Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills a must