The Intake Manager oversees all Independence Center Intake functions, marketing, credentialing, payer source contracts, and other financial and business-related activities connected to the Independence Center. The Intake Manager works with the Clinical Manager to develop and maintain outpatient Substance Use screening programs that are available on a daily basis at the Independence Center for the individuals to access on an outpatient basis. Also plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates staff training, performance improvement, and quality and outcome initiatives. In conjunction with the Director, Clinical Manager and Nurse Manager provide organizational functions to coordinate the daily activities of the service area.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- *Supervisory and management responsibility for Intervention Nurses, Intake Specialists and admissions counselors, to include performance appraisals, hiring, rounding, and corrective action.
- *Coordinates and provides oversight to payer source contracts, relationships and credentialing. Includes responsibility for the criminal justice voucher payment system, juvenile drug court, Medicaid & other payer source issues.
- *Responsible to interface with Patient Financial Services, Admissions, and Care Management departments to monitor payment for services provided.
- *Coordinates ongoing compliance and readiness to comply with Joint Commission standards, Medicaid regulations and other regulatory standards.
- *Responsible for data reports specific to finances, billing, collections, and patient volumes. Includes development and tracking of key outcome and productivity indicators.
- *Develops and provides leadership to service area outcome initiatives.
- *Responsible for organizing various marketing endeavors.
- *Responsible to assist other managers in oversight, monitoring and tracking data related to performance improvement activities; mentors staff in quality performance efforts and fosters a culture based on continuous improvement.
- *Responsible for the organization and oversight of improvement projects.
- *Plans for and implements educational training programs assisting managers to meet Independence Center personnel needs. Chairs the Independence Center Staff Development Committee.
- Explores innovative trends in the substance use field and advocate for those, which are a good match for the Independence Center’s philosophy, vision, and mission.
- Represents the Independence Center in various community organizations, boards, and committees.
- In conjunction with Director, prepares for annual capital and operational budgets; also engages in strategic planning activities with the management staff of the Independence Center.
- In conjunction with Director, works with Medical Center Foundation to monitor grant-funding opportunities and develop grant applications as requested.
- Adheres to and supports the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Medical Center and the Independence Center.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Participates in meetings, committees and department projects as assigned.
- *Oversees the departmental budgetary procedure to ensure proper operational and capital planning; appropriate and efficient use of resources, and consistent compliance to budgetary and fiscal controls.
- *Responsible for hiring, training, supervising, coaching, mentoring, retaining and evaluating of staff.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Counseling or Social Work required. Licensed as an Independent Mental Health Practitioner in the State
of Nebraska required. Minimum of three (3) years experience in health care environment and/or behavioral health care
including regulatory oversight, performance improvement processes, and financial management required. License as an
Alcohol & Drug Counselor preferred.