The Youth Rehabilitation and Treatment Center in Kearney is now hiring for Mental Health Therapist to positively impact the lives of high-acuity youth and support our therapeutic, rehabilitative, and holistic approach to their care. Behavioral Health Practitioner II position starts at $22.029/hour for individuals licensed as a Mental Health Practitioner with the State of Nebraska. Provisionally licensed applicants will be considered and will be hired with a starting pay rate of $18.778/hour until fully licensed.
Why DHHS? We're dedicated to our mission of Helping People Live Better Lives! Additionally, DHHS offers a comprehensive benefit package, including 12 State holidays, multiple health insurance options, State contribution of 156% of employee contribution to retirement, and immediate leave benefits; learn more here! https://statejobs.nebraska.gov/benefits.html
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability marital status, or genetics..
Job duties include:
• Responsible for mental health needs of youth on campus
• Assess mental/behavioral health needs and provide treatment interventions and monitoring of response and progress • Develop treatment plans
• Provide consultative services to treatment team and collaborate with Probation and other service providers
• Provide Individual, group and family therapy to youth
• Provide ACRA substance abuse programming
• Respond to crisis situations and assist with de-escalation process
• Complete all required documentation
• Participate in on-call rotation
REQUIRED: Licensed as a Mental Health Practitioner or possesses another license that allows the incumbent to provide the above mental health services as required by NE. Rev. Statute 38-2122. Will consider Provisional Mental Health Practitioner (PLMHP) or eligible to become licensed as a PLMHP at the time of employment.