PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare’s Standards of Behavior.
- Core Privileges. Core privileges include the initial and ongoing assessment of the patient's medical, physical and psychosocial status including:
- Obtain a medical history, under physician supervision
- Perform a physical examination, under physician supervision
- Conduct preventative screening procedures
- Identify medical and health risks and needs
- Formulate the appropriate differential diagnosis based on the history, physical examination and clinical findings
- Identify needs of the individual, family or community as a result of the evaluation of collected data
- Order appropriate diagnostic tests
- Conduct and interpret identified diagnostic tests based on demonstrated training and experience
- Identify and prescribe appropriate nonpharmacological interventions
- Evaluate and initiate medications including controlled substances according to Nebraska statutes and within the framework established by collaborating physician
- Develop and provide relevant patient education
- Make appropriate referrals to other health professionals and community agencies
- Determine the effectiveness of the plan of care through documentation of client care outcomes
- Reassess and modify the plan as necessary to achieve medical and health goals
- Participate in quality assurance review on a periodic basis, including systematic review of records and treatment plans
Core privileges include the performance of any interventional techniques that are a natural extension of a designated procedure set out above.
*Psych Nurse Practitioners preferred.
EDUCATION: Masters Degree in Nursing as a family nurse practitioner from an accredited four-year college or university required.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year of related experience and/or training required.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current registered nurse license and advanced license from the State of Nebraska required.
- National certification in areas of specialty required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, if needed for specialty license required.
APRN, RN, Nurse Practitioner, Pysch, Behavioral Services