*$2,500, $5,000, or $7,500 Starting Benefit options
*Up to $12,000 Tuition Assistance on current student loan debt
Seeking a talented RN to join our team on BSU.
This position works under general supervision while assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care required to meet the needs of the patient.
Job duties include (but not limited to):
- Performs complete patient assessments and communicates to the providers.
- Documents and maintains accurate nursing records.
- Functions as patient advocate between patient, physicians, other healthcare providers, administration, etc., as needed, and interacts professionally with patients and family members.
- Initiates diagnostic, preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate to the patient's care and safety.
- Administers medications to patients in accordance with approved standards of nursing knowledge and competency, based on age of patient, patient's clinical condition and physician orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Thoroughly assess adult patients for suicide risk. Complete risk assessment. Take necessary precautions to keep patients safe.
- Thoroughly assess adult patients for risk to others. Complete Duty to Warn when appropriate. Take necessary precautions to keep all patients safe.
- Complete Psychiatric Nursing Screen for patients on medical floors when indicated.
- Use Crisis Prevention Intervention methods when de-escalating patients.
- Interact with patient’s family for support and education.
- Complete Geriatric phone assessment as part of evaluating the Nursing Home patient prior to admission.
- Consistently strive to reduce restraints. If restraints are utilized staff will follow all procedures and policies for patient and staff safety.
- Ensure 15 minute patient rounds are completed 24/7.
- Provide therapeutic educational groups.
- Provide education regarding medications and follow-up appointments with patient and support system at discharge.
- Follow through with treatment team recommendations and individualized patient approach plan.
- Follow legal protocols in the treatment of patients un Emergency Protective Custody, Police Holds, Mental Health Commitment, Against Medical Advice discharges, Obligation to Report situations.
- Follow established protocols regarding special precautions (elopement, suicide, one-to-one observation, violence to others, etc.
- Triage psychiatric emergencies.
EDUCATION: Associate Degree in Nursing required (Bachelor's preferred).
EXPERIENCE: Previous clinical experience in specific clinical unit preferred.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: BLS certification required. Current registered nursing (RN) license or Temporary permit from the State of NE required. Crisis Prevention/Intervention (CPI) certification must be completed within 6 months of hire.
Other Salary Information
$7,500 Starting Benefit, $12,000 Tuition Assistance, Continued Education 100% tuition reimbursment
RN, Behavioral Services, Pysch