- Enroll in Wheels of Change © at time of hire completing the first 4 units within 14 days of hire. The first 4 units must be completed prior to serving clients. Training for each phase of training must be completed prior to providing services required in each phase.
- Complete all requirements to be certified in the FCT model within 365 days of start date.
- Collects information for and completes Bio-psycho/social Assessments on identified client (Conducts initial and on-going assessments that are strength based and individualized to be incorporated into treatment plans)
- Attends and participates in weekly team supervision meetings where cases are reviewed, and feedback is provided.
- Facilitates and monitors ongoing treatment, planning, and implementation.
- Develops short- and long-term goals with the family with measurable outcomes
- Provides FCT in-home family treatment, adhering to and ensuring fidelity to the FCT model.
- The ideal caseload will be 4-5 families, spend an average of 4 hours per week with clients, a minimum of 2 weekly contacts, in compliance with the FCT model.
- Ability to prioritize cases and organize multiple case demands for multiple clients
- Serves as liaison with DHS, courts, schools, other providers, and community.
- Provide thorough documentation including treatment plans, progress notes, monthly reports and assessments and submitted within the required deadlines reflecting language that is related to the model
- Complete and maintain all program fidelity documents in a timely manner
- Assists in monitoring the overall client satisfaction of the program.
- Provides intervention for clients in crisis situations 24 hour on-call, 365 days
- Completes reports for court and participates in court proceedings as needed.
- Submits all required paperwork required for billing
- Provides treatment within scope and practice of training and education
- Ability to establish and maintain good community relations with other professionals
- Ability to work in diverse home situations, tolerate odors, and environments which may require safety precautions
- Provides services unique to each family that promotes the achievement of safety, permanency and well-being for the children, including evidence-based and trauma-informed in-home services.
- Implement interventions to ensure any gaps related to the family’s basic needs are filled while helping the family also plan for long term sustainability.
- Implements Saint Francis Ministries policies and follows directives as required. Follows and adheres to all pertinent Saint Francis Ministries Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), rules, personnel policies and procedures; related accreditation and licensure standards; and federal, state and local rules, statutes, regulations, and contractual terms.
- Reports unusual incidents through appropriate Risk Management, clinical and safety channels.
- Ensures clients’ rights are protected. Makes sure all clients have received their rights and maintains a signed copy in each file
- Is knowledgeable of and follows all safety procedures
- Will participate in minimum required CEU to keep license current
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or Counseling from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed or provisionally licensed to practice in the State of Nebraska
- Must have two years’ experience working with children and families.
- Mandated reporter, ability to monitor safety and address safety concerns
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of family driven practice, genograms, ecomaps, and social histories.
- Understanding of the child welfare and state system.
- Family therapy techniques, both individual and group.
- Understanding of child and adolescent development and family systems.
- Receives training in trauma informed practices and incorporates knowledge in day-to-day practices.
- Ability to collaborate with child/family, extended family and friends and other agencies involved to empower the family
- Ability to work with all cultures, use culturally competent model
- Flexible to changing situations, ability to work evenings and weekend if needed by the family
- Able to solve problems and make independent judgements to effect change, but also able and willing to seek assistance when necessary.
- Handles multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage emotions and exhibit emotional maturity, empathy, patience, and sound judgment
- Works alone effectively, self-motivated
- Works effectively with others /teamwork, ability to receive feedback.
- Understands and practices Universal Precautions
- Ability to travel and provide in home services
Other Salary Information
Kearney, Grand Island, Hastings, Lexington, Nebraska