*$2,000 Hiring Bonus (paid $500 at 90 days; $500 at 9 months; $1,000 at one year. *Bonus based on full-time hours worked)
The Behavioral Health Technician provides awake, overnight coverage for NOVA TC’s facility. The position is responsible for conducting facility checks, administering medications, facilitating crisis intervention, monitoring program members, completing paperwork, conducting audits of clinical records and ensuring the safety and integrity of NOVA TC and its program members.
- Conduct random and frequent facility checks, i.e., room searches, head counts, alarm checks, bed checks, etc.
- Maintain an accurate account off all program members.
- Ensure safety and security of program members and facility.
- Answer incoming telephone calls.
- Administer and control medications as prescribed by a physician in accordance with agency policy and procedure.
- Make accurate and thorough entries in the daily progress notes on EHR and facility logs.
- Provide shift up-date reports, verbally and in writing, to the next shift staff.
- Ensure that program members adhere to all facility program rules and daily scheduling requirements.
- Ability to meet the transportation needs of the community.
- Manage any crisis that may come during the overnight shift and make appropriate and timely reports to the Overnight Supervisor, Program Manager and/or Clinical Director.
- Intervene and de-escalate volatile situations including physical aggression and property destruction utilizing NOVA TC’s Crisis Intervention Policy and techniques as taught through the Crisis Prevention Institute if needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of clinical records and program member identifying Information in accordance with Federal Confidentiality Regulations and HIPAA.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two years experience in human services field preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software and Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
- Ability to stay awake and alert during the entire scheduled shift.
- Ability to manage crisis situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Acquire and maintain certification in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Acquire and maintain certification as a Medication Aide in the state of Nebraska.
- Acquire and maintain certification from the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI).