Job Title: Supportive Housing Case Manager
Reports To: Housing First Coordinator
Areas of Responsibility: Responsible for the implementation and delivery of comprehensive case management and advocacy services for individuals and families participating in the Supportive Housing Program. Provide services based on the Housing First Model of care with motivational interviewing, strengths-based goal setting, and trauma-informed care approach to work collaboratively with individuals and families towards the general goals of maintaining housing, increasing family stability, providing family functioning and increasing the self-sufficiency in the program.
- Conduct the VI-SPDAT with individuals/families who are experiencing homelessness.
- Receive referrals from community queue and verify household meets criteria for program.
- Intake and assessment of referred individuals/families for Supportive Housing Program.
- Maintain updated knowledge and offer individuals and families empathy, provide coaching on appropriate housekeeping, information about community resources and services (including employment, housing, shelter services, health care, etc.), and assistance completing paperwork (social services applications, legal filings, etc.).
- Maintain a caseload of approximately 10-15 individuals/families.
- Responsible for the accurate accounting of and collection of rent.
- Conduct ongoing, individualized case-management to individuals/families in program.
- Assist clients in developing and implementing an individualized program plan to meet long-term housing goals.
- Develop and facilitate support, informational classes/sessions, life skills, and/or group activities designed to help clients explore and resolve self-care issues that may be influencing the clients’ progress toward meeting their established goals.
- Maintain accurate and confidential case files.
- Do statistical data entry, complete routine paperwork and produce small simple reports.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and trainings as requested.
- Be able to demonstrate active listening skills, conflict resolution, internal motivation, and flexibility.
- As a CAPWN team member, dedicate your energy to providing high quality, value-added customer service and care to our clients. Embrace the CAPWN Code of Conduct, practicing integrity, strong communication and respect for leaders and peers. Engage with the team and commit to improving and nurturing the health and well-being of the Western Nebraska Communities we serve.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Office work 40%
- Home visits, cleaning, training, meetings, community interactions 60%
- Work requires ability to meet tight timelines
- Work requires the ability to take initiative and be self–directed
- Occasional out-of-town travel for training
- Must be able to move about quickly if necessary
- Physically able to bend/stoop to complete tasks such as cleaning an oven, wiping down baseboards, etc.
- Must be able to carry 40-50lbs up/down stairs
- Physically able to climb step-ladder to complete tasks such as changing light bulbs, wiping down ceilings, etc.
- Must be able to squat to complete tasks such as cleaning a toilet/bathtub
- Physically able to perform job
- Must complete health physical upon entry to program and routine screenings thereafter
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years of documented work experience in a related field.
- Experience with dual-focus shelter programs homeless shelters, substance abuse programs, social services programs preferred.
- Knowledge of “Housing First” approach to end homelessness preferred.
- Knowledge or understanding of fair housing, tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities preferred.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and good organizational skills.
- Must 21+ years of age; have a valid driver’s license with good driving record and proof of current auto insurance.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including on-call as needed that will be scheduled ahead of time.
- Must meet minimum requirements above;
- Two to three successful years’ experience in a similar position; or an AA degree in a related field
- Must meet minimum requirements above;
- AA Degree in a related field plus two years experience, or BA degree in a related field and one year experience, or comparable combination of education and experience