At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Professionals at this level are experienced and able to work with a minimum of supervision. High production standards are especially required at this level. This position will work 100% of the time within the Kid Squad program with Nebraska Behavioral Health.
Compensation: $44,400 to $62,200 (per year) based upon experience.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides assessment, coaching, therapy and support to children and their families using the Positive Behavior Supports Model. Maintains resources and provides training to early childhood education professionals, parents, and community
- *Provide psycho-social assessment of children to identify developmental, behavioral and social needs.
- *Provide classroom and child specific recommendations for improved social-emotional growth.
- *Develop and provide individualized therapy for identified children and families.
- *Provide training and coaching regularly with teachers and administration regarding intervention with identified children and classroom.
- *Provide consultation with parents of involved children on a regular and consistent basis; offering counseling parenting education and referral services as needed.
- *Conduct community-wide training on social emotional topics as identified by KidSquad leadership.
- *Determines whether client is appropriate for agency services; determines needed level of care; refers (internal or external) to appropriate level of care.
- *Conducts a comprehensive pre-treatment assessment, including 5 axis diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations; refers if other services are needed.
- *Establishes a treatment/behavioral support plan, with client participation, which specifies treatment structure, outcomes, goals and objectives; within first 2 sessions/consults.
- *Provides educational workshops, classes and presentations on family life and other related topics as assigned and maintains relationship with referral sources.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Maintains relationships with referral sources.
- Coordinates care when provided by multiple practitioners.
- Refers to other Heartland Family Service programs and other community services, as necessary either concurrent with services or for aftercare; follows up to complete referral.
- *Maintain client files to include appropriate documentation including assessments and therapeutic intervention plans and completes all case documentation for clinical and billing purposes.
- Is prompt and accurate in completing all required reports, statistics and other requirements.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Salary is based on experience.