At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Intense therapeutic responsibilities begin at this level. Educational requirements are very specific. Decision-making skills and problem-solving capabilities are critical. Professionals at this level have excellent communication skills with both client and community institutions. Specific project, program or office responsibilities may occur at this level. This position functions as a fully integrated Team Member of the Assertive Community Treatment Team, which is a multi-disciplinary team, that assists individuals with a serious mental illness to minimize symptoms and the resulting impairment in daily functioning.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Click to see benefits and company perks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- While working with a caseload of the highest degree of difficulty, demonstrates advanced clinical skills in diagnosis, intervention, formulation, and implementation of treatment plan utilizing a client centered approach.
- Utilizes evidence-based practice models to provide therapeutic services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Maintains client clinical record with treatment plan, client progress and termination summary.
- Provide support and consultation to team members, client family members, and community partners.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, other Agency staff.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities.
- Complete comprehensive evaluations of client’s mental health and substance abuse history, activities of daily living, family history, social history, employment, and educational history. In addition, this staff would be responsible for prioritizing client’s needs and goals to formulate a client centered treatment plan.
- Determine appropriate levels of substance use treatment and facilitate appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Uses innovative ideas to encourage adults with serious mental illness and addiction to address treatment issues.
- Lead co-occurring groups for adults with co-occurring mental illness and substance use.
- Track data on successful interventions, stages of change, and outcome reporting.
- Utilize technology to deliver services when necessary and complete documentation in electronic health record.
- Provides crisis intervention and stabilization as needed.
- Coordinate services with other community agencies and resources.
- Proactive in problem solving, able to generate creative solutions to challenging situations.
- Always displays a courteous and caring attitude to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the agency.
- Creates, maintains, and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and cultivate new referral sources for the ACT program.
- Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site, in the community, and in clients’ homes.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
Salary compensation is based on experience.