At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative, and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Professionals at this level are experienced and able to work with a minimum of supervision. Supervision of interns, students, etc. begins at this level. High production standards are especially required at this level.
Compensation: $44,400 to $56,500 (per year), based upon experience.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Click to see benefits and company perks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- * Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team to review and assess students’ needs and progress on treatment goals throughout their participation in programming at the Therapeutic School.
- *Conducts intake assessments that include comprehensive bio-psycho-social evaluations and screening tools, with newly admitted students and their caregivers at the time of admission to the program.
- *Establishes specific treatment outcomes including goals and objectives in conjunction with the student and caregivers upon student’s entrance into the program.
- *Refers for individual, family and group counseling services to students and families as appropriate. Monitors progress of these services.
- *Refers to other Heartland Family Service programs and community services as necessary, either concurrent with the placement at the Therapeutic School or as aftercare.
- *Provides individual and family therapy to students and their family systems.
- *Plans and facilitates group therapy to students throughout the school year.
- *Provides mental health crisis intervention as needed and refers to external resources when necessary, in coordination with the Clinical Supervisor.
- *Maintains a positive relationship with referring school districts and community service providers.
- *Coordinates and manages care that is provided by external service providers. e.g., psychiatrists, physicians, private therapists.
- *Responsible for timely submission of all documentation required by the Iowa Department of Education, the referring school districts.
- *Maintains electronic mental health records for all clients assigned, meeting established standards of competence and timeliness in clinical documentation for insurance billing.
- *Is prompt and accurate in completing all required reports, statistics and other requirements. Participates in the collection and analysis of program related data.
- Acts as a liaison between home and the Therapeutic School jointly to address concerns, progress and barriers to meeting treatment and/or academic goals.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares a appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Salary is based upon experience.