At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position will act as the psychiatric medical director, as well as carry a caseload of behavioral health clients including adults and children. They will also be an advisor for all Behavioral Health clinical programs. The psychiatric medical director will supervise the medical practice of agency prescribers including residents, APRN, physician assistants, and psychiatrists. This person will provide psychiatric expertise for complex cases and quality assurance systems. They will assist in overseeing the compliance of the agency's behavioral health services to applicable community standards of care and to State and Federal laws and rules, accreditation entities and other regulatory requirements.
Compensation and Work Schedule: to be discussed during interview.
- Work with the Program Director of Psychiatric Services to oversee the recruitment, placement, and oversight of contracted or staff psychiatric personnel.
- Provide clinical staff training and consultation.
- Clinical supervision of agency prescribers including residents, APRN, Physician Assistants, and psychiatrists.
- Develop and review relevant clinical policies, procedures, protocols, and practice standards to ensure compliance with oversight entities.
- Provide qualitative file review and participate in the process of quality improvement to ensure the quality of psychiatric services.
- Works with the Program Director of Psychiatric Services to enhance cooperation between relevant departments.
- Supervise medication assisted treatment implementation and provide clinical oversight of the program.
- Educates public regarding psychiatry as applied to department responsibilities via media contacts, public forums, etc.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Maintains regular, prompt attendance at the office on a consistent and reliable basis
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned
- Create, maintain and share as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- Strive to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site or designated workspace.