$5,000.00 HIRING BONUS!
Job Summary: In a career as a Clinical Psychologist, you will perform diagnostic testing, professional interpretation, and treatment recommendations in both inpatient and outpatient care settings for children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Conducts screenings and evidence-based diagnostic outpatient evaluations of children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Determines the appropriate assessment tools (including but not limited to the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule -ADOS) to conduct for diagnosis of developmental and mental health conditions.
- Conducts standardized interviews with parents and/or caregivers.
- Utilizes evidence-based intervention to make recommendations and referrals to help support the individual’s needs. Determines urgency of patient's needs. Provides a professional interpretation of patient’s presentation and recommends a course of therapeutic action; selects appropriate treatment modality. Renders appropriate and immediate guidance and therapy for patients in crisis or in need of clinical services in the inpatient and/or outpatient settings.
- Maintains individual clinical and administrative records in accordance with professional standards and documentation guidelines.
- Collaborates with other professionals or providers. Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information and referrals. Transmits diagnostic and assessment information to referring professionals through verbal and written reports.
- May conduct program evaluation to assess quality of care and cost effectiveness of clinical procedures. May provide case management services to defined population.
- May offer consultation and in-service training to other mental health professionals on clinical issues relevant to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders to include consultation with physicians on psychological factors in the physical health or illness of individuals.
- May conduct research of human behavior and possible methods for eliminating psychological disorders. May offer research and program design consultation.
- Complies with organization, department, state, federal, regulatory agency guidelines, policies and procedures that affect psychology practice.
- Undertakes special projects as directed by the Director, Boys Town National Research Hospital.