GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Lead clinical care for Goodwill’s Behavioral Health Services (BHS) department, ensuring that strengths based and evidenced based practices increase outcomes for individuals served.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Note: Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation will be made).
1. Provide clinical supervision, consultation, and support for all BHS staff and the individuals they serve.
2. Provide ongoing teaching and coaching to ensure that required competencies are demonstrated and planned results are achieved.
3. Participates in, leads, and/or coordinates training sessions and workshops to enhance treatment skills.
4. Participates in the coverage of the Goodwill On-Call Emergency phone rotation and be available for crisis intervention situations during staff coverage if needed.
5. Provides and/or arranges for therapeutic interventions as appropriate for individuals served in a crisis situation.
6. Facilitates the overall development and implementation of a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan in conjunction with other team members incorporating the individuals’ psychosocial functioning and strengths.
7. Follows up to determine effectiveness of treatment plan interventions; makes recommendations regarding modification to services and service delivery.
8. Provide back-up services as needed including Community Support services and Intakes.
9. Determine medical necessity of incoming referrals and assign referrals to staff with the Intake Specialist and Program Manager, aligning client needs with staff member strengths.
10. Ensure Region and Medicaid managed care organizations (MCO) authorization requirements and timelines are met to ensure accurate billing.
11. Assist with annual planning, quality improvement, audits, hiring, recruiting and budget development as appropriate.
12. Perform work activities in conformance to Goodwill values (respect, integrity, compassion, stewardship, learning, teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit), immediately report any wrongdoing (unethical/improper conduct, fraud, fiscal mismanagement, etc.), embrace cultural diversity, and encourage/support others to do all the same.
13. Perform other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
PHYSICIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ability to communicate in spoken conversation and have normal hearing for conversation, telephone use, and emergency information systems.
2. Ability to be independently mobile on all surfaces and and to move safely about the work area.
3. Visual acuity, depth perception, and field of vision within normal range.
4. Have the physical stamina to work at least eight hours per day and be able to travel.