The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the delivery of quality health care to patients of Midtown Health Center and functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team within the scope of his or her medical practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care to clinic patients.
- Examines, diagnoses, and prescribes appropriate treatment plans for patients. Follows appropriate standards of care for each patient.
- Refers patients for appropriate specialty care services, lab and other ancillary services that are appropriate for patient’s management and care. Reviews all lab reports for patients under his/her care on a timely basis and makes medical management decisions appropriately.
- Refers patient’s requiring hospitalization or assessment and management of conditions to supervising physicians or appropriate specialist. Follows patient’s progress with referral physician.
- Maintains health records for all patients and provides appropriate follow-up instructions with the use of electronic health records.
- Formulates, initiates, and monitors patient management plans for patients using protocols and/or consultation with a supervising physician.
- Provides continuity of care to patients and serves in rotation for after-hour care coverage.
- Ensures that patient and family are educated about diagnosis and the plan of care.
- Consults with physicians and other members of the health care team as necessary.
- Participates in specified health promotion, education, and/or prevention programs as needed.
2. Participates in the review, development, and training of patient care policies, procedures, protocols, and standing orders.
3. Provides teaching and clinical supervision to nursing or support staff and trainees.
4. Accepts responsibility for remaining current with behavioral health, medical, and other health care trends and information that influence their practice.
5. Assists in maintaining an efficient, safe, secure, orderly, and aseptic environment of care for all patients and employees.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and a Nurse Practitioner program recognized by the Board of Nursing or from a program otherwise designated for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners, which has been approved by the State Board of Nursing.