Starting pay rate: $34.412 - $43.5.562 /hour based on years of RN and LPN work experience. Additional Facility Differential Pay of $3.00/hour. Additional shift differentials up to $2.50 paid for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
The Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) contributes to the lives and health of Nebraskans every day. Our mission, “Helping people live better lives," provides the motivation to make a difference and that starts right here. Every individual within DHHS makes an impact; we want to elevate, engage, and empower those that choose to spend their energy making the world a little brighter.
We recognize that our teammates bring tremendous value to the State of Nebraska and that their vital work helps fulfill our mission. We support our staff by offering fantastic benefits, training and development opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a positive, team-oriented atmosphere.
We are looking for a skilled, professional Registered Nurse. In this role you will be an integral part of our Behavioral Health Division and provide critical care to youth at Lincoln Regional Center - Whitehall.
You have the passion, we have the opportunities – let’s make a difference for Nebraskans
Position is located at Lincoln Regional Center - Whitehall, 5845 Huntington Ave. Lincoln, NE 68507
Work schedule: Full-time 2nd shift, 2:00pm - 10:00pm, works every 3rd weekend. Position will also be required to work in the on-call rotation.
Examples of Work
As a Registered Nurse you will:
• Provides professional nursing care for for youth at Lincoln Regional Center - Whitehall
• Provide clinical direction and guidance to Licensed Practical Nurses and direct care staff
• Provide direct patient nursing care and treatments within the scope of licensure
• Direct, coordinate, monitor, and/or provide patient care activities and the delivery of nursing care by licensed professional nursing and direct care staff
• Train nursing or direct care staff in appropriate nursing care standards and techniques to maintain standards of quality patient care
• Make patient rounds; closely monitor the condition of patients; assess health status and implement appropriate nursing interventions
• Administer medications and/or treatments or supervises the administration of medications by licensed or certified staff members
• Evaluate and reports patient symptoms, progress, and reactions to medications
• Consult with physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, and other treatment staff members to communicate necessary information to assure quality patient care
• Write a variety of reports on patient progress, medication use
• Initiate and complete patient focused actions necessary to accomplish the goals defined in the plan of care
• Ensure patient records are kept current, transcribe physician's orders and record medications
• Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team and assist in the evaluation of patient progress
• Develop, implement, evaluate, and revise nursing care plans and communicate any changes
REQUIREMENTS: A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Nebraska or authority based on the Nurse Licensure Compact to practice as a registered nurse in Nebraska. Must be at least 21 years of age to work with youth. Must possess a Valid driver's license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation.
PREFERRED: Experience working with youth.