TITLE: OFFICE CLERK II - 4 day evening shift
HOURS: 10:15am-8:15pm Monday-Thursday
MAIN FUNCTION: processes and maintains varied records and written materials through the use of established clerical procedures (such as scanning, data entry, sorting/filing correspondence and documents), and operates office machines, personal computers, peripheral equipment, and associated software, pertinent to the purposes of an office, program, or administration operations; performs related work as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for a variety basic office/clerical support activities such as filing, typing, answering, and directing phone calls, taking messages, scanning, and copying material.
• This position receives frequent supervisory directions and follow detailed/specific instructions per assignment.
• It would be expected to apply the practices, methods, terminology, and operate equipment associated with processing records/written material and providing documents or information to other employees.
• Focused primarily on a specialized support function such as typing, word processing, data entry, secretarial, or customer service duties.
• Assigned more routine and repetitive assignments subject to established work processes, methods, and guidelines in various general support functions such as filing/maintaining databases/archives, miscellaneous typing, copying, collating/sorting/distributing other materials.
• The level of decision-making is controlled by well-defined procedures, policies, and protocols with few options from which to select.
• Obtain pre-authorization of insurance and managed care companies for behavioral sessions.
• Set appointments for clinicians on the InSync system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of: established methods of filing and record keeping; the purpose and activities of the employing agency and work unit; the practices, procedures, and guidelines pertinent to the agency's office/clerical support functions.
• Ability to: communicate in person, and by telephone, computer, email, and correspondence with co-workers, other agency employees, consumers, and visitors to exchange information.
• Read or comprehend and apply instructions; file, cross-reference, and retrieve records and other documents using established filing systems; sort material into prescribed categories.
• Learn and explain agency office/clerical support practices and operations to others.
• Apply established office/clerical support procedures and standards; determine the reasons for inaccuracies or incompleteness in office documents or records in accordance with established guidelines.
This position is supervised by the Office Manager.
High School diploma. Experience in performing office/clerical support activities. Or Coursework or training in office/clerical support procedures or records management techniques. Bi-lingual a plus.