As a therapist at Heartland Family Services, your mission to make a meaningful impact on individuals and families will be met each day. In this role, you will bring your compassion and critical thinking to the forefront as you work with your clients to determine a dynamic care plan and help them to navigate their journey as they work toward their goals. Through your honest and authentic approach, you will become a role model for the clients you serve and play a key role in their recovery.
We know you will value Heartland’s culture of trauma informed care, our celebration of diversity and inclusion, flexibility, and our focus on caring for our people, so you can care for our clients. If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative, and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you!
Compensation: between $56,500 and $71,000 (dependant on years of experience)
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (40 hours per week)
What you will do:
- Determines whether client is appropriate for agency services; determines needed level of care; refers (internal or external) to appropriate level of care.
- Conducts a comprehensive pre-treatment assessment, including 5 axis diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations; refers if other services are needed.
- Provides counseling to individuals, couples and families in group or individual settings, within the framework of the treatment plan, monitors progress.
- Establishes a treatment plan, with client participation, which specifies treatment structure, outcomes, goals, and objectives; within first 2 sessions.
- Completes all case documentation for clinical and billing purposes; maintaining clinical records that meet established standards of timeliness and completeness.
- Provides clinical supervision for Student Interns
- Provides educational workshops, classes and presentations on family life and other related topics as assigned.
- Handles cases of the highest degree of complexity.
- Provides mental health crisis intervention as needed.
- Meets clinical requirements of third-party payers (authorizations, reviews, documentation) and provides information necessary for prompt and accurate billing.
- Maintains relationships with referral sources.
- Coordinates care when provided by multiple practitioners.
- Refers to other Heartland Family Service programs and other community services, as necessary either concurrent with services or for aftercare; follows up to complete referral
The qualities we want:
- Self-Caring—Your ability to maintain emotional regulation and manage stress in your own life will role model for your clients how to achieve this in your own lives.
- High Integrity—When you bring honesty and your authentic self to your role, you can unleash your strengths in productive ways.
- Continuously Learning—Your innate openness and curiosity will enable you to stay updated on the latest research and approaches to provide the most effective treatment plans for your clients.
- Critical Thinking—You have a natural ability to see beyond the surface of the client’s issues and to bring depth.
- Organized—You enjoy arranging your time and keeping track of client records so that everyone is informed and accountable.
- Clear Communicators—You are concise, easily understood, direct and honest in how you share your views, both in writing and verbally.
What you need:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling with 3 years of experience.
- LMHC/LISW and CADC preferred.
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record
What you’ll love about us:
At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace. When you work at Heartland Family Services, you will benefit from:
- Trauma Informed work environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Work From Home Option (for some positions)
- Clinical Supervision provided at no cost
- Employer paid training opportunities on Clinical topics, modalities, and Evidence-Based Practices
- Flexible Leave (between 20-25 days)
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Educational loan assistance
- Health Insurance includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Critical Illness, and Accidental coverage.
- Paid FMLA (up to four weeks)
- 401K Retirement (up to 7% match)
- Casual Dress Environment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Length of service cash awards
Salary is dependant upon years of experience.