At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Performs basic functions of a routine nature. Variety of functions and activities are specific. Entry level position.
Compensation: between $13.13 and $15.65 per hour (based on years of experience)
Work Schedule: 25 hours per week (9:30pm - 7:30am. One set day per week, Thurs - Sun rotates, including holidays).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- *Responds to and documents all Safe Haven crisis calls.
- *Utilizes intake procedures and consults with on-call Safe Haven staff prior to accepting domestic violence victims into facility.
- *Responds to clients’ needs during overnight hours of facility operation.
- *Orients clients to Safe Haven house rules and addresses client non-compliance as necessary to create a safe and secure environment for other residents.
- *Monitors client self-administration of medication and follows procedures of recording.
- *Secures facility, enforces bed times and addresses any problems noticed during overnight hours.
- *Able to work independently with little supervision during overnight shelter coverage.
- Provides reports to Safe Haven staff and therapists regarding client activities and needs at shift change.
- Meets regularly with Safe Haven Coordinator to review work schedule and address any issues noticed during overnight hours.
- Coordinates with other program aides for continual coverage each month.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares a appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Excellent benefits and 20 days FTO at start date.