Performs basic functions of a routine nature. Variety of functions and activities are specific. Entry level position.
Compensation: between $13.13 and $15.65 per hour (based on years of experience)
Work Schedule: 25 hours per week (9:30pm - 7:30am. One set day per week, Thurs - Sun rotates, including holidays).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- *Responds to and documents all Safe Haven crisis calls.
- *Utilizes intake procedures and consults with on-call Safe Haven staff prior to accepting domestic violence victims into facility.
- *Responds to clients’ needs during overnight hours of facility operation.
- *Orients clients to Safe Haven house rules and addresses client non-compliance as necessary to create a safe and secure environment for other residents.
- *Monitors client self-administration of medication and follows procedures of recording.
- *Secures facility, enforces bed times and addresses any problems noticed during overnight hours.
- *Able to work independently with little supervision during overnight shelter coverage.
- Provides reports to Safe Haven staff and therapists regarding client activities and needs at shift change.
- Meets regularly with Safe Haven Coordinator to review work schedule and address any issues noticed during overnight hours.
- Coordinates with other program aides for continual coverage each month.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares a appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High School Diploma
- Previous human service experience desirable, but not required
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record
Other Salary Information
Excellent benefits and 20 days FTO at start date.