The Youth Coach works closely with the Residential Supervisor to ensure the development, implementation, and advancement of our mission.
This position is responsible for providing safe and therapeutic residential environment to children living at RADIUS. The Youth Coach will implement a variety of evidence-based practices to the benefit of youth and support the youth and family goals. Youth Coaches will meet regulatory and licensing requirements and maintain the policies of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes organizational vision, values, and culture
- Provide for the safety and security of all youth and staff in the residential program
- Teach youth skills and address behavioral concerns effectively
- Ensure implementation of the care plan for each youth and provide written and verbal progress each shift as directed
- Work within the school environment to support the academic, social, and behavioral needs of each youth
- Lead recreation activities for youth within the facility and in the community when appropriate
- Always maintain visual supervision of youth, including awake overnight shifts
- Collaborate with Family Coaches as needed to ensure a seamless transition from the residential program to home as part of the discharge process
- Provide orientation to new youth to ensure safe and effective admission to the program
- Ability to intervene and support staff in high-risk situations with strong modelling, verbal de-escalation techniques, and crisis intervention approaches to maintain safety for all youth and staff
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and practices