NEW HIRING RATES - PLUS $ 3.00 per hour differential for hours worked.
The State of Nebraska, Department of Health and Human Services is seeking Licensed Mental Health Practitioners for the Division of Children and Family Services / Youth Rehabilitation and Treatment Center in Kearney. The successful candidate will impact the lives of high-acuity youth while supporting our therapeutic, rehabilitative, and holistic approach to their care.
Individuals licensed as a Mental Health Practitioner and Alcohol and Drug Counselor with the State of Nebraska or as LIMHP start at $32.075/hour. Individuals licensed as Mental Health Practitioner, start at $27.757/hour. Provisionally licensed applicants will be considered and will be hired with a starting pay rate of $23.661/hour until fully licensed.
What we can offer you:
• $3.00 per hour shift differential for hours worked in addition to hourly rate!
• Stable Employment Opportunity
• Career Development and Learning including LinkedIn Learning Courses
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF) through the Federal government
• 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Generous Leave Accruals and benefits
• Opportunity to be part of meaningful work and make a difference through public service
• Flexible Schedules
• 79% employer paid health, dental, vision insurance plans
• Employer-paid $20,000 life insurance policy
The State of Nebraska values our teammates as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job classifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or genetics.
Examples of Work
As a Mental Health Practitioner, you will
• Assess mental/behavioral health needs and provide treatment interventions and monitoring of response and progress
• Develop treatment plans
• Provide consultative services to treatment team and collaborate with Probation and other service providers
• Provide Individual, group and family therapy to youth
• Provide ACRA substance abuse programming
• Respond to crisis situations and assist with de-escalation process
• Complete all required documentation
• Responsible for mental health needs of youth on campus
• Participate in on-call rotation
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: State of Nebraska licenses as Mental Health Practitioner and Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: Licensed as a Mental Health Practitioner or possess another license that allows the incumbent to provide the above mental health services as required by NE. Rev. Statute 38-2122. Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Human Development, Psychology, Family Relations, Vocational Rehabilitation, Art Therapy, Divinity, Human Resources, Naturopathy, Mental Health or other field approved by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services in order to become a Licensed Mental Health Practitioner AND 3000 hours of post-degree supervised counseling experience. Valid driver's license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation.
OTHER: License eligible candidates must be actively pursuing licensure to become fully licensed as a Mental Health Practitioner within a period not to exceed two years from date of hire, by providing mental health services under the direct clinical supervision of a Licensed Mental Health Practitioner or other qualified professional.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of growth & development, suicide prevention and trauma informed care practices. Working with juveniles in an inpatient treatment or correctional/forensic setting is valuable. Ability to work well with a treatment team is essential.
For more information about the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Division of Children and Family Services please visit our website, http://dhhs.ne.gov. For more information about this opportunity, call LaDene Madson at 308-390-0214.