Region 3 Behavioral Health Services is hiring for an Emergency Community Support Coordinator position
Position open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.
What you’ll do!
The Emergency Community Support (ERCS) Coordinator assists individuals by linking them with appropriate services and/or supports to meet individual needs. The voluntary short-term program aims to assist transition age youth (ages 14 to 26 years) and adults who have recently experienced a mental health and/or addiction related crisis to achieve goals of recovery, stabilization, increased independence, and community integration. This trauma informed case management service also assists individuals in the Buffalo County jail and Phelps County jail who are struggling with mental health and/or addictions. The ERCS Coordinator provides on-going support and advocacy for 90 to 120 days or as determined by individual need.
What you’ll need!
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, sociology, or another human services related field preferred or demonstrated skills and competencies in treatment with individuals with a mental health and/or substance use diagnosis, demonstrated by at least one of the following: two years lived experience; two years direct care experience in a human service field; two years of training in a human service field.
- Experience working in mental health and substance use disorder services including crisis intervention, psychological rehabilitation, treating major mental health illness, substance use disorder treatment, and working with individuals who experience a serious and persistent mental illness.
- Familiarity of specialized services/resources, the ability to initiate and maintain effective working relationships with individuals receiving services, ability to network with other professionals serving individuals with complex needs, communication and organizational skills are some of the skills you need.
- Satisfactory background review is required.
What we offer!
- Annual Compensation Range at Hire: $42,640 -- $44,500, commensurate with experience and other desired criteria. Eligible for compensation increase after 6-month satisfactory probationary period has been completed along with Annual raises.
- Support. We’ll provide a positive environment and provide you the tools for success with training, performance reviews, and opportunity for compensation increases.
- We value a work-life balance, offering flexible work schedules, including remote options (up to 2 days/week).
- A fun, casual work environment (casual dress allowed, including jeans Monday through Friday).
- Employer paid Health Insurance, Dental Insurance and Life Insurance
- Flexible spending account (Section 125 for child care and medical expenses).
- Retirement – 403b Plan offering 6% employer contribution
- Paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, and paid sick leave (vacation day accrual based on years of service!)
- Paid bereavement leave.
- Voluntary term life insurance, vision insurance, AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Employee assistance program
Who we are!
Region 3 Behavioral Health Services, one of six Behavioral Health Regions in Nebraska, is responsible for the development and coordination of publicly funded behavioral health services within its 22-county service area encompassing central and south central Nebraska. Region 3 contracts with and manages a network of community-based behavioral health providers. The system offers a comprehensive array of prevention, treatment and recovery support services for individuals across the life span experiencing a behavioral health challenge while focusing on the support of wellbeing, resiliency, recovery, and quality of life.