Salary: $200,000 to $300,000
Signing Bonus: $25,000
Moving Expense: Up to $10,000
Health Clinic, Gering, NE, US
Full-time | Exempt
Job Title: Psychologist
Reports to: Co-Occurring Program Manager
Areas of Responsibility: Work closely with the primary care providers to provide care coordination support for medical patients. Provide behavioral health support and assessment testing to assure health and medical care to CAPWN patients. Ensure Behavioral Health Services provides individual and culturally sensitive care.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Provide effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving goals.
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Actively participate in meetings that support CAPWN’s integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions. Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Provide psychological testing to assist in the development of a collaborative plan of care for each patient.
- Facilitate individual or group discussions to patients and their families to assist with the management of mental health diagnosis.
- Promote education and learning opportunities.
- Positively represent the agency and patients to public at large.
- As a CAPWN team member, dedicate your energy to providing high quality, value-added customer service and care to our clients. Embrace the CAPWN Code of Conduct, practicing integrity, strong communication and respect for leaders and peers. Engage with the team and commit to improving and nurturing the health and well-being of the Western Nebraska Communities we serve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Office setting including training, meetings, and community interaction.
- Work in a program in a state of change with many interruptions and interactions.
- The noise level in the work environment is average.
- Some evening hours.
- Telecommuting possibilities within agency policies and program director approval.
- Requires periods of typing and sitting at desk.
- Fine manipulation of hands for repetitive action.
- Operate office machines.
- Must regularly talk, hear and have close vision ability.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Doctor of Psychology with experience in health care setting or social service agency;
- Current provisional license in the State of Nebraska;
- Knowledge of psychological and cognitive, chemical dependency, social services assessments, and active listening.
- Must be flexible and productive in an environment that has multiple interruptions
- Strong computer expertise;
- Experience working with culturally diverse and low-income populations;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
● Health ● Dental ● Vision ● Health Savings Account (HSA) ● Flex Plan ● 401k ● Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance ● Ten Paid Holidays ● PTO ● Extended Illness (EIB) ● Employee Assistance Program ● Aflac ● Community Discounts ● Potential for Incentive Pay ● Moving Expense
- Meet qualifications above and:
- Current Nebraska license as a Psychologist
- Meet qualifications above, and
- Three years’ work experience as a psychologist in either a traditional behavioral health setting or primary medical care integrated care setting.
1) Cover letter
2) List of three references with full contact information including email addresses