If you love working with kids and families, and a chance to make a huge impact in our community, RADIUS may be the right fit for you! RADIUS is a NEW, residential facility here to support our youth and families, and we are looking for individuals to help us serve them. Please join us in making a difference in our community!!
The Youth Coach works closely with the Residential Supervisor to ensure the development, implementation, and advancement of our mission.
This position is responsible for providing safe and therapeutic residential environment to children living at RADIUS. The Youth Coach will implement a variety of evidence-based practices to the benefit of youth and support the youth and family goals. Youth Coaches will meet regulatory and licensing requirements and maintain the policies of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes organizational vision, values, and culture
- Provide for the safety and security of all youth and staff in the residential program
- Teach youth skills and address behavioral concerns effectively
- Ensure implementation of the care plan for each youth and provide written and verbal progress each shift as directed
- Work within the school environment to support the academic, social, and behavioral needs of each youth
- Lead recreation activities for youth within the facility and in the community when appropriate
- Always maintain visual supervision of youth, including awake overnight shifts
- Collaborate with Family Coaches as needed to ensure a seamless transition from the residential program to home as part of the discharge process
- Provide orientation to new youth to ensure safe and effective admission to the program
- Ability to intervene and support staff in high-risk situations with strong modelling, verbal de-escalation techniques, and crisis intervention approaches to maintain safety for all youth and staff
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and practices
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, education, public administration, criminal justice, or related field preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Hours of Work: Expect to work 20-40 hour a week minimum.
- Travel: Some travel required.
- Exposure: The exposure characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. For example, while performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Additionally, the employee may occasionally be exposed to bloodborne and other hazardous chemicals. Finally, the noise level in the work environment can be loud. In all cases personal protective equipment will be provided to the employee in combination with adequate ventilation and other engineering controls to minimize the risk of exposure or other hazardous occurrence.
- Physical: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with special challenges to perform these essential functions.