Incumbent works under the direction of the Director of Psychiatric Nursing or designee, coordinating mental health care of clients throughout the treatment process from initial assessment to discharge planning.
Douglas County is an EOE - Disability/Veterans
- Conduct bio-psycho-social assessments for new patients to determine level of risk, coordinate inpatient psychiatric referrals, and discharge planning.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with clients, supervisors, County employees, elected officials, attorneys, law enforcement, judges, other agencies, and the public.
- Comply with Civil Service policies and regulations, collective bargaining agreements, County policies, department policies and laws to create a cooperative, safe, respectful and quality work environment.
- Round daily with staff sharing information on patients’ condition and issues.
- Participate and develop treatment plans based on initial assessments and interviews in collaboration with an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Implement treatment plans serving as a patient advocate throughout the process.
- Assist in placement of appropriate care level (e.g. group, individual, substance abuse) for patients based on individual needs.
- Work with appropriate staff to modify treatment plans based on changes in patients’ status.
- Coordinate discharge planning with family members, acquaintances and outside agencies.
- Consult with staff regarding patient needs and available support services.
- Develop therapeutic relationships, maintaining a professional attitude toward clients and treating them with empathy and respect.
- Perform individual and group therapy.
- Provide substance abuse evaluation and counseling.
- Collaborate with CMHC staff.
- Utilize applicable state and federal healthcare rules and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of local and state community agencies assisting with mental health issues/services; assist family and patients with community-based services.
- Analyze data, identify trends and report concern.
- Maintain knowledge and job skills (e.g. research, webinars, seminars, conferences).
- Safely operate a motor vehicle when required to travel on County business.
- Report to work with regular, consistent attendance.
- Perform other duties as directed and assigned.