PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Adheres to Brodstone Healthcare’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Adheres to Brodstone Healthcare’s Standards of Behavior.
- Performs patient care duties with attention to detail, accuracy, patient safety and patient comfort.
- Performs thorough evaluation, assessment, and formulation of treatment plan/goals in accordance with departmental policies.
- Adheres to departmental policies on documentation and billing.
- Identify age appropriate developmental tasks and needs as evidenced in the development of care and the treatment planning sessions.
- Participates in the orientation of patients to the unit rules and regulations and introduces him/her to other community members.
- Assists in maintaining a therapeutic milieu environment.
- Maintains a therapeutic relationship with patients.
- Treats each patient with appropriate dignity and respect; projects a non-judgmental attitude.
- Monitors patient behavior during non-structured activities; intervenes appropriately.
- Recognizes and responds to changes in the unit milieu.
- Recognizes which decisions may be made independently and which require team input; then pursues the course of action in an efficient manner.
- Maintains an awareness of patient problems and treatment goals.
- Communicates effectively with other team members regarding patient behaviors/conditions.
- Assists in maintaining therapeutic milieu environment, leads, and therapeutic patient activities or assigned.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Provides direction to patients, families and visitors in a concise, informative manner ensuring a pleasing, positive attitude and courteous tone of voice.
- Attends and participates in those continuing education and staff development activities required and / or necessary for his / her own continued growth and professional development.
- Maintains an accurate record of in-service / staff development attendance.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings / in-services, Brodstone Healthcare quality improvement program, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our team at Brodstone is devoted to delivering the highest quality patient care available. We treat our patients with dignity and compassion as integrity embodies our daily work to help us fulfill our mission. We strive to provide exceptional customer service from admission to discharge. Quality patient care begins with establishing a trusted relationship. You will find us building relationships within our communities by donating time, resources, and numerous volunteer hours to support local causes and organizations. We value honesty, sensitivity, and a commitment to progressive healthcare.
Brodstone Healthcare offers very competitive salaries with excellent benefits. Contact us today to join a family atmosphere and work in a friendly and caring environment! Brodstone has been listed in the Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in the United States by iVantage 11 times! To join an award-winning team, click on the link below to complete an online application. For questions please call 402-879-3281 and ask for Human Resources.
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides direct patient care.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree: Mental Health (required)
- Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP)
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP)
- Provisionally Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (PLMHP)
EXPERIENCE: 1 year equivalent work experience in psychiatric / addictive disease treatment facility. (preferred)
We believe affordable, quality care should be available to anyone seeking medical services.